A new comprehensive patient information guide is available as a .pdf on the clotconnect.org website for patients who have been diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
The guide covers a wide range of topics including:
- Blood clot basics: What is a blood clot? What causes a blood clot? Diagnosis: Tests and imaging studies
- Treatment: Anticoagulants, thrombolytic therapy, IVC filters
- Preventing complications: Post-thrombotic syndrome, pulmonary hypertension
- Emotional impact of a blood clot
- Common questions
- Anatomical graph of the veins
The guide is available for download at this link.
Reproduction: Health care professionals are encouraged to share this educational resource with their newly diagnosed patients. Permission is granted to reproduce this brochure in its entirely by providing the .pdf to a printer of your choice or by placing the .pdf on your organization’s website. Health care professionals are also welcome to affix a sticker to the print brochure with their practice’s information, such as ‘This brochure provided by…’ Our goal is to facilitate this important educational information reaching as many newly diagnosed patients as possible.