A new series of educational videos for patients who have experienced deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (PE) are now available on the Clot Connect website and via YouTube.
Clot Connect's first patient education webinar was held on November 16, 2011. Dr. Stephan Moll, hematologist with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, discussed "DVT and PE: What Patients Need to Know". The content of this webinar event was recorded and has been converted into a series of nine videos, easily accessible by topic.
Topics presented in the "What Patients Need to Know" videos include:
- The Basics of Blood Clotting
- Differences between artery and vein clots
- How long to treat with blood thinners (anticoagulants)
- New blood thinners emerging
- Post-thrombotic syndrome
- Fluctuating INRs
- Birth control options and clot risk
To view the videos on the Clot Connect website, click here
Clot Connect's YouTube channel can be found here.