A recording is now available of the World Thrombosis Day patient education webinar held on October 13. In this 1 hour video presented by Dr. Stephan Moll, you will learn more about issues faced by patients following diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE). Topics include:
- How blood clots are treated
- How long to be on blood thinners (anticoagulants)
- Choices of oral blood thinners and new alternatives available
- How to manage long-term complications such as leg swelling and pain, shortness of breath and chest pain.
- How to minimize the risk for future clots.
The video can be found at: http://acforum.org/webinars_recent.htm