For Patients

Find a health care professional

health care professionals If you have been diagnosed with a blood clot (deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism) or a blood clotting disorder (thrombophilia),  you will want to find a health care professional knowledgeable in thrombosis, thrombophilia and anticoagulation care. 

To find a hematologist with a clinical interest in thrombosis:

The American Society of Hematology (ASH) is the world's largest professional society concerned with the causes and treatments of blood disorders.  On their website, they offer "Find a Hematologist", a searchable directory of members.  You can narrow the search to only those members who have indicated a clinical interest in blood clotting.

Visit the ASH Find a Hematologist directoryUnder the "Clinical Interests" drop-down box, select "Thrombosis and Hemostasis/Blood Clotting". 


To find a specialized clinic for anticoagulation management: 

The Anticoagulation Forum (AC Forum) is  a professional society of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care providers who work in the field of thromboembolic disease. There are more than 4,500 members who represent over 1,500 different anticoagulation management services and clinics throughout the world.   The organization offers on their website a directory of anticoagulation clinics. At these clinics you can find health care professionals knowledgeable in the management of all forms of anticoagulation, including Coumadin (warfarin). 

Visit the Anticoagulation Forum 'Find a Clinic' directory.